Friday 29 May 2015

Braces.

Today I got braces. I've had a jaw aligner in for 4 months and I am so so happy to get rid of it. I have train tracks in now and I chose the prettiest sky blue colour. If you're getting braces and you're scared please don't be. Although I was never particularly worried about getting braces as I wanted them so much, it can still be quite a scary thing. Clearly having metal and wire glued into your mouth isn't the most natural thing in the world. 

In-case you were worried about having the brace fitted it is absolutely fine. You firstly talk through what's going to happen. Then some preparations are made in order for the bracket to be fitted. This is like cleaning the teeth, and doesn't hurt at all but it may feel a little sensitive. Then you choose your colour and have it all fitted. It takes around an hour all together. 

I would recommend taking a painkiller, just to stop any little aches and pains. I took the painkiller before I went to the orthodontist which was a good decision. 

This is a crappy quality picture taken with my iPhone. Amazing snapchat commentary also. Oh no, I think they may be dimples..


5 comments:

  1. hope you have a good experience with your braces!
    ~basicallychloe xx
    Don't forget to smile! :) ~ x
    www.basicallychloeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Just getting used to them, I haven't got a lisp anymore form the aligner wo!x

      Delete
  2. I had a jaw aligner for 9 months then fixed for 3 years. Totally worth it in the end honestly. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a jaw aligner for 9 months then fixed for 3 years. Totally worth it in the end honestly. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds tough! I had mine in for four months and is estimated around 12-18 months for the fix! I hope it's worth it x

      Delete